Cosmin OchisorPartner @ GapMinder Venture Partners
Experienced professional with more than 15 years experience in various business fields (almost all related to new business & innovation areas) with a strong focus in the last years in the early stage investments & partnering area.
Passionate about tech startups, experienced in early stage funding within Central & Eastern Europe
Active role in developing the Startup scene within CEE region by mentoring, matching founders with corporate players and investors, and by actively supporting and creating various Startups programs and events.
Currently Cosmin is working as partner for Gapminder Investment – the largest Seed fund in Romania.
– Experienced professional with over 5 years in investment at: Hub:raum as Investment Manager, and Gapminder Venture Fund as Partner.
– Successfully launched a corporate accelerator (Hubraum) with proven abilities to generate deal-flow across CEE (about 1000 application/year). Developing and moderating several startup acceleration programs within Hubraum.
– Contributed to successful closing of pre-Seed and Seed stage deals, actively syndicating and helping investee companies to obtain Series A rounds. Hands-on experience in closing deals in various jurisdictions (Poland, UK, USA, Czech Republic, Romania).
– Oversees the fund(s) portfolio, and contributes from refining GTM, or team hiring, to defining the funding strategy and supporting the management during negotiations.
– Facilitating (and moderating) partnerships between startups and corporate world, which created a unique view and understanding of both worlds. Access to an extensive network active in the startup ecosystem across CEE region– founders, investors, consultants, executives, journalists and Venture Capital and Growth Funds.
– Expertise in the main startup development methodologies (Lean startup, Value proposition & business model Canvas, Design Sprint) by moderating several workshops; deep understanding of the challenges encountered by the early stage startups.